We are proud to be able to offer a personalised Cadbury chocolate range.
Cadbury is a British multinational confectionery company owned by Mondelēz International. It is the second largest confectionery brand in the world after Mars. Cadbury is headquartered in Uxbridge, London, and operates in more than fifty countries worldwide. Its best known products include Dairy Milk chocolate.
John Cadbury, the founder of the Cadbury business, was from a Quaker family. He opened a grocer’s shop at 93 Bull Street, Birmingham in 1824, selling cocoa and drinking chocolate amongst other things, which he prepared himself using a pestle and mortar. Tea, coffee, cocoa and drinking chocolate were seen as healthy alternatives to alcohol, which as a Quaker he believed was bad for society.
Brief history of Cadbury
- In 1824 - John Cadbury opened a grocery shop in Birmingham, UK, selling , among other things, cocoa and drinking chocolate
- In 1866 - Cadbury introduces Cocoa Essence, UK's first unadulterated cocoa. Cococa Essence transforms a small business inot the worldwide company that Cadbury is today.
- In 1875 - Cadbury makes its first Easter egg. The earliest eggs were made with dark chocolate and had a smooth, plain surface and were fiilled with sugar-coated chocolate drops, know as 'dragees'.
- In 1905 - Cadbury Dairy Milk is launched, sold in unwrapped blocks that could be broken down into penny bars.
- In 1938 - Cadbury roses are launched, name after the most popular flowers at the time.
- In 1955 - Cadbury's first TV for drinking chocolate debuted on UK's ITV channel.
- In 1971 - the iconic Cadbury Creme Egg hit the shelves
- In 1990 - Cadbury World is created to replace factory tours.
- In 2010, Cadbury becomes part of what forms today's Mondelēz International.